Village of Maybrook Board Meeting
Monday, June 24, 2019
- Maybrook Co-ed Adult Beach Volleyball- The Maybrook Co-ed Volleyball program started on Thursday, May 30th. All going well with the program!
- Maybrook Troop 236 Annual Scout Awards Dinner- On Sunday, June 9th, the Village Board and I were invited to attend the Maybrook Troop 236 Boy Scout’s Annual Awards Dinner. Congratulations to the young men and women of the troop on their amazing accomplishments this past year. I wish them all a safe trip to Ten Mile River Scout Camp and Busch Gardens this summer! Congratulations and thank you to Scout Master Bill Giannico, Scout Master Abby Williams and Band Director Jim Barnett for your hard work this past year. Your efforts are always appreciated and never forgotten.
- Town of Montgomery Chamber of Commerce Awards Dinner-The Town of Montgomery Chamber of Commerce hosted their Annual Dinner and Awards Ceremony at the Maybrook Senior Center. It was a wonderful event to support local businesses in our town. Congratulations to the Town of Montgomery Chamber of Commerce “2019 Business of the Year” recipients! Shop Rite Montgomery, Mod 66 Spa & Salon, Verizon Wireless Zone and the Hudson Heritage Federal Credit Union. Thank you to the members of the Town of Montgomery Chamber of Commerce who work hard all year long promoting local businesses in our town and for hosting a wonderful event. Jennifer Cuevas, President, Joan Buck Smith, Tina Johnson, Lisa Spizuco, John Fallon, Donna Jennings, Matthew Flanagan, Larry Fumes, Nick Johannets, Ray Lustig.
- VFW Post 2064 Flag Day Ceremony- The Maybrook VFW Post 2064 and Auxiliary held their annual Flag Day Ceremony on Friday, June 14th. It was a very nice ceremony and well attended with a performance by the Maybrook Troop 236 Scout Band as well.
- Village of Maybrook Community Wide Yard Sale– was held on Saturday, June 15th throughout the village. We had nice weather and it looked like many residents participated as well.
- Maybrook Women’s Recreation Softball- is set to begin Tuesday, July 9th and run through to September 17th the sign-up deadline is this Friday, June 27th. This information and the registration form are available on the Village of Maybrook website. Copies of the registration form are available here at the Government Center also.
- Village of Maybrook Family Movie Night– Our first Village of Maybrook Family Movie Night was held on Friday, June 21st at the Frederick Myers Veterans Memorial Park. After consecutive days of rain, we ended up having a nice evening for this event. The featured movie was “A Dog’s Way Home” and we thank our sponsors the Otterkill Animal Hospital and Stewarts Shops. I also want to thank Maybrook Police Officers Chip Lahar and Matt Hughes for interacting with the children at the event. Our next Maybrook “Family Movie Night” will be held on Friday, July 25th. The featured movie will be announced on the Maybrook website in the coming weeks.
- Village of Maybrook Kick Off the 4th of July Celebration– will be held on Friday, June 28th 7 pm to 10 pm at the Frederick Myers Veterans Memorial Park. There will be live music performed by Rockridge, Shoprite will be selling hamburgers and hot dogs (proceeds will go to the Shoprite Veterans Fund), Stewarts will be selling ice cream and Georges Famous Zeppoles will be there as well! To close out the evening there will be *FIREWORKS* (Rain Date is Saturday, June 29th). This event is planned the Friday before the 4th of July week. When residents get home from work, they can kick off the 4th of July with their family and friends at the park. Fingers crossed for good weather.
- Primary Day– Primary Day is tomorrow, June 25th from 6 am to 9 pm. Voting in the Village of Maybrook will be held at the Maybrook Senior Center.
- Valley Central School Class of 2018- On behalf of the Village of Maybrook Board of Trustees, we wish to Congratulate the Valley Central School Class of 2019! Good health, happiness and safe journeys in the years to come!
Next Scheduled Village Board Meeting– Our next Village Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, July 22nd here at the Maybrook Government Center beginning at 7 pm. There is only one meeting scheduled for the months of June, July and August.
A Happy and Safe 4th of July to All!
Mayor Dennis K. Leahy