Village of Maybrook Board Meeting
Monday, March 11, 2019
- Village of Montgomery St. Patrick’s Day Parade- The Village of Maybrook section of the Village of Montgomery St. Pat’s Ramble Parade is set and all we need is nice weather to go with it. I’m looking forward to the parade, it’s a very nice community event! We thank the St. Pat’s Ramble Committee for including us and for all of their hard work preparing for the parade.
- Budget Work Session– The Village Board met for the first Budget Work Session on Wednesday, February 27th and Wednesday, March 6th. Our next scheduled Work Session will be held on Tuesday, March 12th at 6pm.
- Town of Montgomery Police Department– The Town of Montgomery Police Department along with the Maybrook Police Department hosted a FREE community awareness presentation for the public pertaining to opiate drug use and abuse. They had over 40 people in attendance. I want to thank Town of Montgomery Police Sargent Guy Farina for organizing the event and including the Village of Maybrook in the program. Catholic Charities gave instruction on how to use Narcan on someone who has overdosed. Everyone in attendance received a free Narcan. The Tri-County Community Partnership “Hope not Handcuffs” gave an introduction on how their program works and they are now working with the Town of Montgomery and Maybrook Police Departments. I was informed on Saturday that the Village of Walden is looking into being a part of “Hope not Handcuffs” which is great news. The program is taking off and has been adding more volunteers. If the program saves one person’s life, it was well worth it.
- Village of Maybrook Easter Egg Hunt– Mark your calendars and start thinking Spring! The Village of Maybrook Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Sunday, April 14th at noon at the Maybrook Senior Center. There will be raffles for Easter Baskets, an Easter Egg Hunt and a special visit made by the Easter Bunny. This event is free for toddlers and Kindergarten through 5th Shoprite will be serving light refreshments.
- VFW Post 2064 St. Patrick’s Day Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner- The Maybrook Post 2064 will be hosting a St. Patrick’s Day Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner on Saturday, March 16th from 6 pm to 10:30 pm. The cost is $10 per person and $15 at the door. Reservations are accepted up to March 13th. Contact the VFW Post 2064 at 427-5881. There will also be entertainment by Dave and Rich. A nice night out to spend St. Patrick’s Day! The info is also available on the Maybrook website.
- Village Elections– Village Elections will be held on Tuesday, March 19th at the Maybrook Senior Center from noon to 9 pm. Best of luck to Trustee Kevin Greany and Trustee Jim Barnett. Both are running unopposed.
- Lauren Paley, Wallkill Valley Times– I want to personally thank Lauren Paley for covering the Maybrook section in the Wallkill Valley Times this past year. She added extra spirit of community to her article. She had to step down for personal reasons. Her time and efforts are very appreciated. Jen D’Andrea will be taking over the article going forward. Thank you to Jen for volunteering to take over for Lauren. I’m confident Jen will do a great job!
- Next Scheduled Village Board Meeting– Our next Village Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 25th at 7 pm at the Maybrook Government Cente
Mayor Dennis K. Leahy